Sunday, December 25, 2011

HOLIDAY PERSPECTIVE

By Judy Jennings    © Copyright 2011 


A steaming cup of chai and a look at the New York Times online “2011:  The Year In Pictures” started my Christmas morning, and although I was hoping for uplifting, what I found in those 101 photos was perspective.  It’s easy to see that 2011 hasn’t been selective about handing out challenges, people all over the world have had them in multiples this year.  In many places, this has been an angry, violent cycle.  Climatic conditions have wracked the globe.  Physical and financial problems have overwhelmed tens of thousands of people in this country alone, while social support systems have been whacked like useless weeds.  Still, corporate greed cavorts and the haters keep on hating.
So it is in this time and state of mind that I come to you here to say thank you.  Thanks to all of you who have been patient and kind to each other, even when that’s been difficult.  Thanks to the folks who still believe that ultimately it’s love that must lead the way.  And finally, a personal thank you and a big, warm bear hug to the Tucson Tarot Meetup group, which has given me such great energy and inspiration.  This space that we’ve created together around the cards has been a joy, and a healing mental retreat for me.  That, my friends, is priceless!  
Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment